Monday, April 11, 2011

with a click of a button

So I am slowly going through photos from that nice spring day, but here's one


1/100     ISO200     f/16

pretty crappy, huh?

I recently started using Lightroom, about 2 weeks ago. I had a trial version last summer, but with my camp trip, I didn't really have that much time to play with it. From what I did figure out, I knew I liked it and I wanted a full one.

I love how much you can do with one photo, and sometimes it's as simple as a click of a button!

Like that picture, turned into this one


Almost exactly the way it should have been. Almost exactly the way it should have come out of my camera if I was paying attention to settings (I have a good excuse - I needed to pay attention to a certain 4-year old!)

So usually I start off ny adjusting exposure and go from there onto other setting. Except this time I wanted to try this preset that I got for free.

Did you know that there's TONS of free presents out in the internet world? Just google them! Or you can find promotions - there are a lot of great photographers who make their own presets and sell them, but sometimes they would give out one or more for others to try out.

Anyway, this one was one of the first presets I downloaded. It's Repair My Dark Ones from Presets Heaven.

It doesn't work for every picture, but worked great on that one.

PH has a lot of other presets that are great.

And youtube has a lot of helpful how-to videos!

(P.S. - After you download the preset {make sure you remember where it's downloading to! i made a folder for easy access.}, you need to unzip it. You normally do it by right clicking the file and choosing "extract all". Then head over to your lightroom, click "develop" and you will see a list of presets on the right. You can choose to create a new folder for it, or just put in in user presets. Just right click the folder, pick "import" and then get your preset file.)

1 comment:

  1. haha, that's awesome! I'll definitely have to check that out. I get my decent computer this Friday, and hopefully I can figure out how to transfer LR over. ;)

    ReplyDelete