Friday, January 14, 2011

Russian Pancakes

I think the only difference is that they are small and not skillet sized? And they are called "oladi" :)

pancakes

What you need:

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
sugar to taste
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
about 1/8 cup vegetable oil

Mix:

"wet" ingedients first
then add the dry ones

Preheat a skillet, add oil (depends on how big your skillet is; I also keep adding it as needed as I go). I poor about 1.5 tbsp of batter for one pancake.

Serve with whatever you like: jelly, syrup, condensed milk, sourcream... Because Freddy doesn't really like dairy (just because it's dairy), I mixed sourcream with a bit of strawberry jelly.

He ate 6 pancakes! (compared to my 3) :)

1 comment:

  1. these are giving me such a craving for pancakes now. YUM

    ReplyDelete